8 October 2000 - Part 1
SUSTAINING FAITH is what God wants in his children, a faith that does not depend upon circumstances, but is built on trust and love. 2 Cor.5:6-8
SUSTAINING FAITH is only developed, when we cannot see or feel the presence of the Lord, but PROCLAIM IN FAITH that God is there, regardless of how bad the situation.
AT MIDNIGHT - Acts 16:16-33
FACING THE FIERY FURNACE - Daniel 3:1-30
FACING THE LIONS - Daniel 6:10-28
Of the adult people liberated from slavery in Egypt, there were only two who were able to receive and sustain their faith in God, Moses and Caleb. [Most likely, Joshua was not yet an adult at the time of leaving Egypt, but he was chosen by God to lead the people into the promised land 40 years later. Also see Numbers 14:30, 37]
It took God 1.5 million people to develop one man with sustaining faith. Numbers 14:20-24
15 October 2000 - Part 2
Here are the works of God. Each work of God was a divine miracle. Each miracle had no impact upon the children of Israel. Every time a new problem came up, the people lost all faith and could only complain and talk about going back to Egypt.
1. Crossing the Red Sea - Exodus 14:4-31
2. Facing bitter undrinkable water - Exodus 15:22-26
3. Being thirsty and having no water - Exodus 17:1-7
4. Being attacked by another nation - Exodus 17:8-16
5. Where did Moses go? Exodus 32:1-8
6. Moaning, groaning and complaining - Numbers 11:1-10
8. Failed to believe that there was a Promised Land - Numbers 13:25-33; 14:1-10
10. Discouragement - Numbers 21:1-7, despising the Manna from God.
11. Whoredom with the daughters of Moab Numbers 25:1-6
The apostle Paul writes it very clearly. This entire scenario is an example for believers in Christ! 1 Corinthians 10:1-13
THE ISRAELITES WHO CAME OUT OF EGYPT COULD NOT ENTER THE PROMISED LAND BECAUSE OF UNBELIEF!
They were void of SUSTAINING FAITH!
Do you have an ear with which to hear ?
Evangelistic Crusades, Inc.